1.1.10

New Beginnings

Since so much self reflection is happening all over the Internet, I figure this could be an awesome chance to really tap into what I've wanted this blog to be, and what I want it to be now.

2009 Offered so much confusion. Maybe it had something to do with the mysticism surrounding the number 9, it's meaning, and it's effect on the human subconscious. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that a lot of people around me are going through the same existential meltdown because we are so facticated (not too sure on whether that's a word or not. Nevertheless I mean being held back from your true potential by things that you haven't chosen yet somehow have an effect on your actions) by the current economic situation, causing most of us to let so many of our teen dreams drift off into space or melt like a Dali clock on a branch of the Tree Of Life, only to become memories of how ambitious we once were. At any cost, I like to think it's my generation's way of slowly moving from such a material obsessed existence and into a more universal consciousness of the various realms, spheres, and states of mind that we all have deigned to exist within previously.

Now onto the philosophy of my blog. I'm going to use my blog exclusively to collect images, thoughts, ideas, sounds, etc... to further develop my current understanding of who I am. The thing I think fascinating about the Internet is the accessibility of it all. So hopefully through me pushing myself to really find out who, what, and where I am as a person, I can inspire others to do the same. I'll try not to make everything out to be too superficial (which is why I have to keep deleting things because it's either a rambling on of ideas or just obscure images), however it will be mainly visual because I am an artist and that is what I respond to best.

Hopefully anyone who finds this will not take it as a guide for them to dress, act, listen, speak, and read just like me. I would hope that they can look beyond the blatant meaning of it all; find some allegory in all the madness that will occur; and use it to find their own means of self expression outside of the post-modern, conscious destitution drained, passive-aggressive snobbery infused, mentally, physically, and emotionally draining rip in time that was 2009. Even if that isn't what you take form the pages I'm about to create, at least you'll be aware of an alternate state of consciousness.

No comments:

Contributors